This year may have been all about keeping our physical distance, but we can still bring our families close this holiday season with some virtual help.
From tiny apartments to grand spaces here are 5 easy ways to celebrate with your loved ones this holiday season- both near and far.
- Have a gingerbread house building contest. Sign on to your favorite video call platform, set a timer for an hour, and let the yummy construction begin!
- Build a fort and have a holiday movie night! There’s nothing quite like sharing a cup of hot cocoa and a bowl of popcorn watching your favorite holiday flick while encased in the warm embrace of blankets and couch cushions.
- Looking for something with a little less mess? Try a virtual holiday brunch! Everyone orders from their favorite spot and has it delivered at the same time. A fun way to enjoy some family time, and everyone gets exactly what they want.
- Keeping a safe distance from your relatives this holiday season? Have a video chat room open all day and send the link to your friends and family to drop in on the festivities at any time.
- Drive around your town and enjoy the holiday lights. More people than usual are going all out this year, so why not take a gander? Make an evening of it by bringing some hot chocolate in thermoses and other sweet treats along for the ride.
We are all in this together and we know the holiday's this year are not the same for most of us, so let's enjoy what we can. We'd love to hear other creative ways you are celebrating at home!
Photo by Thought Catalog on Unsplash